1. Only registered members are allowed to use the Library.
2. Registered members are issued a library membership card.
3. Readers should observe strict silence and switch off their mobile phones etc. in the library premises.
4. Student membership is renewed at the beginning of each semester.
5. Readers' tickets/library membership cards are non-transferable.
6. Books are normally issued for 15 days.
7. Bound volumes of Journals are issued for 15 days.
8. Loose Issues of Journals are issued only for overnight purposes and are to be returned the next working day.
9. Reference books are not issued out.
10. Theses are to be consulted within the library premises only. Theses cannot be Xeroxed.
11. Borrowers must satisfy themselves with the physical condition of books before borrowing.
12. Members are responsible for books issued against their lost tickets.
13. Readers are not allowed to bring personal books or any printed material and other personal belongings like bags, umbrellas, etc. inside the library. These materials are to be kept at the Property Counter at their own risk. Readers' are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
14. Readers should not write in, mark or otherwise disfigure / damage books, furniture etc.
15. Library can recall any issued book even before the due date.
16. For loss of library tickets, readers have to deposit Rs. 500/- per ticket in the account section and submit the photocopy receipt in the library. Additionally, library security deposited by students (MD/DTCD/PhD) will also be forfeited for any lost/misplaced cards.
17. Any violation of these Rules shall lead to forfeiture of the membership of concerned member. Appropriate disciplinary action may also be imposed.
18. A member must enter his / her name, address and time of entry and put his / her signatures legibly in the register kept at the entrance for the purpose as a token of his acceptance to abide by the rules.
Please Download - Library Membership Form